«Je ne veux pas gagner ma vie, je l’ai.» Boris Vian, L'écume des jours

1/05/2012

inspiration needed?

akram khan, kein unbekannter tänzer und choreograph über seine inspirationsquellen im guardian. 
ganz simple sache im grunde also...
l'inspiration du chorégraphe et danseur akram khan, tout simple au final...
Collaborate Go on a journey with someone who is as different to you as chalk and cheese. I am inspired by the dialogue between two different bodies, two different minds, two different ways of expressing a single idea.
Observe I observe my surroundings acutely – an animal in the city streets, a man in the wilderness.
Displace yourself I am always inspired by things that are placed in an unfamiliar territory. Even after 37 years, I still feel displaced within my own body: I have never felt completely at ease with it.
Find stories I am inspired by stories of people, of communities, of different cultures, of new history that we are writing or forming. Mostly, I am inspired by children and their grandparents: the way their faces dance.
Let go The subconscious part of myself creates far more interesting things than the conscious part can ever dream of.